Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 20

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


2 TRANSFERS (-4 Hit):

Ivanovic & R. Morrison: OUT 
 Koscielny & Sterling: IN

I'm delighted that my risky captain pick/#CalledIt did well for me in GW 19, when many other players were rested or didn't perform. But you know what, I'm disappointed at the same time too! By Saturday night I had scored 30 with a -4 hit factored in (well above the average) and had 6 in play for Sunday. Yet I ended up with 57 points. Part of me thinks that Dzeko should have scored more goals, then again at least he scored!  By my calculation, a par score for the festive period (GWs 18, 19 & 20) is a lowly 150.  I have scored 100 from 18 & 19, so a score of 50 on New Year's Day would be the absolute minimum for me to aim for.

I didn't want to tinker with my team for GW 20, but a deluge of injuries/doubts (and Silva's) suspension has forced me into a -4 hit.  I was going to buy Mertesacker to replace Ivanovic.  But I didn't want to lock a lot of funds into defence. I decided to buy Koscielny as he is cheaper, not fatigued from the fixture jam and with 5% ownership is just about a differential.  As for my other transfer, I actually was content with R. Morrison as West Ham have favourable upcoming fixtures but he is still injured.  Nolan seemed like the ideal alternative with his recently discovered form.  But I think he is a tad over-priced, despite West Ham scoring 5 goals in 3 matches.  In the end, I opted for Sterling.  His fine run of form since 4th December could see him sneak into England's World Cup squad - all the more incentive for him to carry on with the status quo.

As for my captain, I could have easily chosen Suarez. But I think he is a tad knackered after not being rested during the festive period.  I can't see him scoring more than one at the very most v Hull.  In addition, almost everyone that has him will probably captain him.  In the end, I decided to give the armband to Walcott.  His ownership is 5 times less than Suarez's and he also has a decent home fixture which could see a goals fest.

On a final note, the Winter Wildcard is almost in play.  Use it sensibly and try doing so nearer to the end of January if you can.