Friday, 18 April 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 35

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


2 FREE TRANSFERS WERE AVAILABLE FOR GW35.

TRANSFERS:

STURRIDGE & Y TOURE OUT
AGUERO & ERIKSEN IN


Despite seeing a minor overall green arrow, I only scored 61 in #DGW34:


Things can only get better? I bloomin' well hope so!

The GW 35 Temptations:

SHINJI KAGAWA - Has managed some game time of late with his last 2 outings yielding 2 assists.  Perhaps one week to early for me but worth buying with DGW37 in mind for others.

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN - I bought him at the right time mid-season, then sold him at the right time.  I failed to re-buy him at the right time! Has good form & fixtures.  Carry on sir!

MOHAMMAD SALAH - He could prove to be a super differential.  Should get PL game time with Chelsea also still caught up in Europe.  Has form on side, but is also a rotation risk.

The GW 35 Transfers:

After being let down by a swathe of injuries during DGW34 I decided that affirmative action was required.  Y. Toure could be out for two GWs at least, so out he went.  Sturridge may be a doubt v Norwich and then faces Chelsea (and lacks form) so out he went too.  Aguero doesn't have form on his side but he has good upcoming games.  With the World Cup around the corner and City still in the title hunt he will be looking to resume normal scoring service.  As for my other transfer, I decided to buy a non-DGW37 player.  Eriksen has been awesome of late and it made sense for me to buy him, especially with his run in.

The Captain:

Until I bought Aguero, I was going to join the "Captain Suarez as he is facing Norwich bandwagon".  He is sure to score, but I wanted a player that was more of a "differential" to wear the armband.  City at home score for fun and with their match being on a Monday Night (#MNF), I was given extra incentive to captain Aguero.

The Personal Competitive Context:

I hammered poor Bryan over two quarter final legs and am through to the semi-finals of the FPL Dugout Champions League.  The semi-final draw hasn't been done yet, but I will hoping to face my old "nemesis" Tony.  On a side note, my inaugural FPLH Battle Royal competition will start in GW 35 and I am seeded in that

Perch of the Pundits: