Thursday, 10 April 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Double Gameweek 34

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.

The DGW34 Team:


2 FREE TRANSFERS WERE AVAILABLE FOR DGW34.

TRANSFERS:

OVIEDO OUT & BARKLEY IN

2 FREE TRANSFERS AVAILABLE FOR GW35


Rising 7,000 places & seeing another DGW appear can only mean this:

Glad all over? Well, err, almost!

The DGW 34 Temptations:

JASON PUNCHEON - Scored his first goal in 10 GWs and bagged 16pts to boot last week.  At £5.0M he is a steal. But with Palace de facto safe will he carry on scoring regularly? Doubt it.

ADAM JOHNSON - Sunderland may be down and out, but if there is one person who will do well for them, it is AJ.  Hasn't started every match recently, yet remains a key player.

SERGIO AGEURO - Is he 100% fit? Will he start both DGW matches? I don't know.  As tempting as he is, he needs form. I may try and buy him in DGW37, but DGW34 may be just too early.

The DGW 34 Transfer:

Barkley may be a risky transfer, but I believe he will start at least 1 of the 2 matches.  Give him an inch and he will take a mile.  Amazingly, almost 20% own him, so hardly a differential! I could have bought 2 or 3 players just for this DGW but 9 should be enough.  I didn't fancy benching Suarez + Aguero.  I'm not too keen on benching Sturridge either, but I have no choice.  Having said that, does anyone want to take Ki or Mannone off my team? Be my guest.

The Captain:

It was a straight forward toss up between Silva and Lukaku.  Both have form at hand.  I opted for the former, as City score more goals at home and away in comparison to Everton.  Lukaku should score at least 1 goal, but Sunderland away + Palace at home won't be straight forward.

The Personal Competitive Context:

Following leg 1 of my Dugout Quarter Final tie, I am +11 up on my opponent (Bryan).  Fortunately he has Mata & Rooney (who have blanks this weekend), has no goalies and the injured Yoshida to boot. Ouch! If I can overcome him, I could face another Dugout regular (Tony) in the semi finals!

The Perch of the Pundits League:


The Perch of the Pundits Cup: