Thursday, 13 March 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 30

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


 1 FREE TRANSFER WAS AVAILABLE FOR GW30.

GW28 TRANSFER: 

MATA OUT
Y. TOURE IN

 WILDCARD STILL AT HAND.

GW30 is almost upon us and that can only mean one thing....


That's right...  not long to go until the season is finally over.  But it's not over just yet!  2 more months of grueling PL action still await us.  If you survived car crash GW29 and scored 50+ you deserve a pat on the back!  We're back to regular FPL service and some tantalising games are due to be played over the weekend.

I decided to sell Mata as I feel his attacking prowess is being undermined by Rooney and Van Persie.  I was expecting the Spaniard to have enhanced input on the attacking front at United.  His depreciating value and lack of returns were sufficient reasons for me to ditch him.  In his place I have bought Y. Toure.  He hasn't played for 2 consecutive GWs (due to cup commitments) and as a result his value has plummeted to £9.9.  This is a bargain price for a player that has already scored 13 PL goals this season and costs almost the same as Mata!  It made sense to bring in Y. Toure as City are looking to win and have DGW31 (+ another DGW) still to come.

I had various captain options for GW30.  But in the end I went for Suarez.  He has form on his side and Liverpool have a good away scoring record.  I think SAS will run havoc at Old Trafford with Suarez hopefully doing the damage.  I probably could have gotten away with captaining any of my midfielders or strikers, but it would be ludicrous not to captain the Uruguayan at this moment in time.

DGW31 seems action packed and I will almost certainly activate my all-season wildcard on Saturday 15th March - confirmation of this will be announced on Twitter.

On a final note, I play my final group stage Champions League match in GW30 and a win will almost certainly see me through to the knockouts!