Friday, 28 February 2014

#CalledIt Differential Pick - GW28

"How many players can I field in GW29?" and "How can I get as many players as possible for GW31?" are probably the two main questions going through every FPL manager's mind in the past couple of days. Deservedly so, as these are the GWs that will most probably decide many mini leagues and your final ranking. If you are wondering, I will look to field at least 7-8 players in GW29 and at least 6 DGW players in GW31. All my transfers will definitely be leading up to that.

But before that, there is a little thing called GW29 that we need to take care of. My #CalledIt pick from many GWs ago, Wilfried Bony, has finally started returning what I have been expecting when I drafted him. A brace last week against Liverpool was a reminder of what he is capable of and I am really happy to have him in my team for this GW. For sure, he might be tired from the mid-week game and a bit deflated at the same time, but he should score more goals - that is what he does, right? At 5,3% ownership, he is just out of #CalledIt league, but if you have him, he could even be considered captain material.

While the majority of the discussion this week (differential wise) has been concentrated around Robert Snodgrass and Thomas Ince, I decided to look elsewhere for my pick. Don't get me wrong, I believe both might be very good transfers for your team this week (on the basis of both not having a blank GW), yet I somehow believe that AVL just might keep a clean sheet and that Jason Puncheon might potentially outscore Ince in this one.

My #CalledIt pick this week is going against a very friendly Newcastle defence that conceded 10 goals in their last three losses and will be without the services of Fabrizio Coloccini for this one. On top of that he managed to score three goals in their last three games. Nikica Jelavić, #CalledIt pick for GW28. I zabij barem jedan gol, Nikica!