Friday, 21 February 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 27

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


2 FREE TRANSFERS WERE AVAILABLE FOR GW27

GW27 TRANSFER: 

R BENNETT OUT / AZPILICUETTA IN

2 FREE TRANSFERS NOW AVAILABLE FOR GW28

Hi folks, I have to admit that I didn't think too much about the truncated Gameweeks ahead until now.  The only transfer I intended on making for this GW was to bring in Adebayor for J-Rod.  Unfortunately, I left the transfer too late and got short changed by £0.1M.  Such is life.  I hope Adebayor blanks on Sunday!   In some ways I am glad that I didn't make the transfer as my defence looks very weak for this GW.  As a result, I decided to bring in a defender from a team that isn't affected by the truncated Gameweeks.  This only left me with Chelsea as a viable option.  Fortunately, Azpilicueta is value for money at £5.4M and his next 3 fixtures EVERTON, fulham, TOTTENHAM aren't too bad.  All 3 matches are due to be held in the capital and could yield at least 2 clean sheets, especially with JT back.

I had an array of captain options to pick from.  But I decided to buck my philosophy on form and give the armband to Suarez rather than Sturridge.  The Uruguayan may not have scored recently, but he will be looking to make up for it against a Swansea team that were involved in a testing mid-week Euro encounter.

In terms of truncated GW planning, I would encourage you to read Fly's article on the matter.  Having 2 free transfers for Gameweek 28 is imperative and then investing in players who are also likely to play in Gameweek 29.  Please note; GW29 may truncate further if Hull win their FAC replay.

On a side note, during the extended break period, Ultimate FPL's beta version was launched.  I have a hastily arranged league set up for it 1467-436 (no prizes) and a personal team. But will only be playing it casually so don't ask me for any hints on this front.  Nonetheless, here is a cheeky look at my UFPL team: