Thursday, 27 February 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 28

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


2 FREE TRANSFERS WERE AVAILABLE FOR GW28

GW28 TRANSFERS: 

SILVA & JANUZAJ OUT
LALLANA & HOLTBY IN

Yay, I'm glad that's over! But the GW hasn't started?  What am I on about you may ask?  Team selection... That's right, it was an absolute headache this week!  The amount of permutations and potential outcomes that I had to process was simply mind boggling.  My two transfers had to take GW28 and GW29 into account, which effectively left me with a pool of players from the bottom half of the table.  I ended up buying two players facing teams in the top 4.  I decided to sell Silva as he has been rubbish of late.  Y. Toure has constantly outdone him and besides City have a blank this GW as a result of the League Cup final.  

I decided to buy Lallana as he has been fantastic this season.  Lallana creates goals, as well as scores them.  The England call up was merited and he will be looking to secure a squad place at this summer's World Cup by continuing his fine form.  He is facing a Liverpool team that has a logic of "you may score, but we will outscore you".  I will be shocked if the match ends in a 0-0 draw, considering that Liverpool are looking to bag a Champions League spot.  I don't think it's too much to expect J-Rod, Lallana and S-A-S to bag a significant number of points between them in this juicy fixture.  

As for my other transfer, I was looking at the likes of Snodgrass and Ince as viable options, but the Canaries and Eagles barely score when playing away.  But with FPL being at the business end of the season, I wanted to be different.  I wanted to choose a Super Differential (i.e. a talented player owned by less than 1% of FPL gamers).  Lewis Holtby (at 0.3%) fits the bill.  Some of you may be thinking why him?  After all Fulham are playing a Chelsea team that has plenty of form and clean sheets in their locker.  But Chelsea played away on Wednesday in Turkey with their de facto first-team defensive line up.  They will be knackered and are contesting a London Derby match on Saturday.  Fulham are scoring at least a goal a game on average in the PL (5 in the last 3).  Can you honestly see Fulham not scoring?  They also have a new German manager at the helm with amazing pedigree who will inspire Holtby to come good.  I first heard of Holtby in 2010 and I'm surprised he is playing for an English team stuck in the relegation mire.  But when push comes to shove, players of a top calibre raise their games.  It's time for him to do so and I think he just might perform on Saturday even if Fulham lose.

I have been stung badly by picking Suarez as my captain for the past two GWs.  With the blog's slogan in mind, "form is key, class doesn't matter!" I have decided to give the armband to Sturridge.  He has been on form through out the season and will be looking to add to his tally at St Mary's.  On a side note, I still have my all-season wildcard at hand and may use it in DGW31.  In addition, I am competing in Dugout's Champions League and topping my group - wish me luck!