Thursday, 6 February 2014

Chief's FPL Team - Gameweek 25

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


 TRANSFERS: NONE

14 Gameweeks to go!  I can't believe the season is almost over and I'm ranked 100k.  Aargh!  Last week was a low scoring GW across the board.  I only scored 43pts (after my -4 hit) and took a tumble in the rankings.  Fortunately 10 of those net points came from last week's transfers (Suarez & Sturridge).  You would think that I would look to remedy my team with another transfer or two.  Dzeko or Negredo are definitely viable for the next 3 Gameweeks, but the former could be a rotation risk and the latter lacks form.  But sometimes inaction is better than action.  Looking at my team's fixtures for GW25, I opted against further transfers.  Why?  Well, 9 of my starting 11 are due to play at home!  This opens up my captaincy options.  It was a good headache and I decided to give the armband to Mata.  It's unthinkable to comprehend that he hasn't scored a single PL goal this season.  He has a good chance of breaking that duck against a team with one of the worst PL away records.  Looking at my subs, I didn't want to bench Januzaj, but I couldn't justify benching any of my other strikers or midfielders.  Distin should feature again for my team next week, where as R Bennett will most likely keep the "cheap 3rd sub" spot for the remainder of the season.  On a side note, bravo if you have Van Persie.  He is due a few more goals following his long spell out and United's favourable fixtures.  I plan on buying him just before United & City's Double Gameweek 31 but it would mean selling Sturridge and possibly Silva.  Perhaps I could free up funds and buy Ince and/or Zaha in the process (subject to form)?  TBC in the weeks ahead...