Friday, 7 February 2014

#FlyBuy - GW25

I knew who I wanted to pick this week. I planned it 4 weeks ago. In all honesty he was supposed to be my pick for GW23 for the derby game. But Manchester United signed Juan Mata, and well, y'know, he absolutely HAD to be my choice for that week. After all, the parameters I get to play with are a player who perhaps used to be an FPL necessity, who has gone off the boil for one reason or another, but who I predict will "fly" again. So, Mata was a no-brainer. And it paid off.

Last week (GW24) I seized on a closing window of opportunity to pick another United player. Why do I say closing window? Well, my parameters mean my pick has to come from a team who are between 5th and 15th in the Premier League. I truly believe United are in a false position and will be overtaking Spurs, Everton and Liverpool in due course. I never expected them to lose to Stoke though. The return of RVP saw him as my FlyBuy pick last week, and he repaid me with a goal.

But this is where it gets difficult. The guy I had lined up for GW23 but left on the back-burner has gone nuclear. To the point where I can no longer use him as a FlyBuy pick. Why? Because he is already flying high again so it would be viewed as a pick with the benefit of hindsight.

To whom do I refer? The human tank that is Christian Benteke. 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games tells you all you need to know about the big Belgian. If I didn't have J-Rod occupying my 3rd Striker spot in my own team, Benteke would be in there in a flash.

But I can't pick him with all good integrity. So who should I go for? Well, in all honesty, I'm struggling. Nobody is an immediate choice, and those names I am considering I personally don't really believe are capable of going on a run. Except one. In all honesty he's not "my" kind of player, but I guess that's irrelevant and I should go with what I see.

I see a player who is going to have to lead the line for his club in the absence of the (so called) main man. The club itself are in decent form and the guy loading the bullets at the moment is THE in form FPL player (I refer of course to Adam Johnson).

So without further ado, I reveal to you my FlyBuy pick for GW25; Fabio Borini

It's a long shot, and it may backfire - we shall have to wait and see...

FLY

@meet_the_gadfly