Friday, 17 January 2014

GW22 FPL #JackInTheBox

I can't remember the last time I had a successful #JackInTheBox pick but I know it was too long ago.  Thinking too hard and trying too hard is getting me nowhere so I'm taking a different approach this week.  My most successful pick ever was made on gut instinct so the heck with it, I'm gonna try and conjure up a good call using nothing but my gut again this week.

The 8 teams qualifying for #JackInTheBox consideration this gameweek are Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Cardiff City, West Ham, Fulham, Norwich, West Brom and Swansea.  For me this week it's simple; I'm rocking Julian Speroni in goal on my #FPL team for the time being, I want Palace to do well and think they have a chance of keeping Stoke out of the net, despite the recent scoring spree against Liverpool.  I'm not picking Speroni though; I'd rather pick someone who, although a defender, still has the possibility of scoring even if they concede.


Walt's GW22 FPL #JackInTheBox: Joel Ward

I'm going with Joel Ward this week.  For the past few weeks he's spent some time playing in the midfield, which could mean some good FPL points if he continues to spend time with assist-potential in the midfield while still classified as a defender for FPL purposes. Snagging a clean sheet along with an assist or even a cheeky goal will do wonders for my future-telling confidence as well as give me a much-needed boost in my overall season stats.

So there you have it; this week's #JackInTheBox pick; Joel Ward of Crystal Palace.

Good luck Joel; I'm counting on you, brotha.

Here's a random YouTube video featuring this week's pick....


Good luck this gameweek everyone - using that Wildcard or holding on tight?

Cheers!