Friday, 31 January 2014

#FlyBuy - GW24

Another decent #FlyBuy pick last week kept the run going. Mata got off and running in a Utd shirt and picked up an assist in a decent debut to rack up 6 points. Not really a total shock, as with his class it was not going to take long for him to "fly" again.

This weeks pick is also another no-brainer. Sometimes these players pick themselves for FlyBuy. I'm going to go with him because I don't think I'll be able to go for players from this team for much longer.

The parameters of FlyBuy dictate that I must pick from a team situated between 5th and 15th in the table and I predict it will only be another couple of weeks before his team are out of reach for me. Also, it must be a player who I predict to "fly" again. Maybe a loss of form or a return from injury has seen them not pick up the points expected of them.

A disappointing season by his high standards. Rumours of a clash with the manager refuse to go away, but boy, how they've missed him up front during his 10 game lay-off through injury. He did return briefly in GW15 and played 90 minutes before disappearing again.

I refer of course to the Flying Dutchman, Robin Van Persie. Currently owned by 15.9% of managers - although I think from my tracking of him whilst injured a fair proportion of these could be Ghost Ship accounts who had him in from GW1 and then lost interest in FPL (how very dare you!)

I think this figure is likely to explode and go nuclear with the news of the injury to Aguero and although he is the highest priced player in the game, he will almost definitely be a must-have for the rest of the season if he stays fit and repeats his heroics of last year.

I've brought him in this week into my own team, I think you'll be doing the same before too long. Stoke away, Fulham at home before a tasty clash against his old employers at the Emirates are his next 3 fixtures. Goals galore please RVP...




Fly

@Meet_The_Gadfly