Friday, 17 January 2014

#FlyBuy - GW22

My #FlyBuy pick for GW21 paid off big time for those of you who had him in your team. Unfortunately I was not one of them, so didn't benefit from the assist, clean sheet and 3 bonus points that Everton defender Leighton Baines delivered.

So onto GW22 and how to keep the run going! Easier said than done, but after a lot of thought I've opted for a guy who I was eager to see in the Premier League when he was signed last Summer. After a goal scoring debut, his league form has never captured the decent return he has made in this seasons cup competitions.

Disappointingly, he has only provided double figure points returns in two Gameweeks all season. Not the kind of stats that would encourage you to put him in your team.

However, two goals against Manchester City certainly caused me to sit up and take note, and include him in my watchlist. This week his side face Tottenham at home, but I see no reason why - with his power and strength - he cannot get on the score sheet.

With an ownership percentage of 3.4% and with his team currently sitting in 13th position, he fits the parameters for FlyBuy, and that is why my recommendation to you this week is Swansea City forward Wilfried Bony.

With creative force Michu due to return in the next couple of weeks from injury, I predict these two will prove to be a dynamic duo with the ability to propel Swansea higher in the table and finish the season on a high.