Thursday, 15 August 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 1

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.



Folks, I'm back!  Well I didn't go anywhere over the summer did I now?  If you're a super loyal FPLH fan, you may have noticed a few changes over the summer.  Some of the upgrades are as follows:



More changes are expected over the course of the season.  But at the very least, I intend to continue my Gameweek 1-38 series; hence this post!  So here we go...

As you can see from my team (posted above), it's very attack-heavy.  I think Van Persie's price isn't inflated at all and reflects his true value.  On the other hand, I think Dzeko is a bargain!  With City offloading Balotelli in January and Tevez over the summer, the Bosnian will get more first team opportunities than previously.  My other striker is Soldado.  Sure he is new to the Premier League, but his La Liga record speaks for itself.  Quality is costly.  In summary my strike force equate's to £10.3M per head.

My midfield is also attack-orientated, albeit not as expensive as my striker force.  I would argue that all 4 of my first-team midfielders have a knack of either scoring or assisting goals fairly regularly, which is a must in FPL!  Hazard is by far my most integral midfielder and I have captained him, due to Chelsea's Double Gameweek against weaker opposition (Hull & Aston Villa respectively).  Downing could be West Ham's main assist provider.  As for Snodgrass and Morrison; this Scottish pairing are under-rated, under-valued but should not be underestimated (see their stats).  With that said, my first-team midfield comes to £7M per head which may be substantially lower than many other FPL teams.

Moving on to my defence and goalkeeper, they are relatively balanced.  I have specifically picked Cech and Ivanovic with DGW in mind.  I was going to pick Mertesacker, but chose Gibbs due to his differential nature.  Toure isn't attack minded, but a steady selection nonetheless.  My back 3 + GK cost approximately £5.9M per head, which doesn't sound like a lot.  But why would you want to spend so much at the back when the points are more likely to be scored at the front?

My captain for GW1 is Hazard and my vice-captain is Ivanovic, again DGW-influenced.




GW Reject:

CAMERON JEROME

GW Punt:

JACK WILSHERE

GW Hot Pick:

EDEN HAZARD



Why?

Has a Double Gameweek.
Scored 190 FPL points last season.
He regularly scores as well as assists.


FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Cech

Ivanovic
Gibbs
Kompany

Coutinho
Hazard (c)
Snodgrass
Nolan

Van Persie
Soldado
Dzeko

Subs:
Mignolet
Jonhson
Morrison
O'Brien