Thursday, 29 August 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 3

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers:
Ivanovic (OUT) / Lescott (IN)

I projected GW2 to be a low-scoring GW, and so it was.  I ended up with 52 points (post -4 hit), which was enough for me to rise by 50,000 or so places.  In truth I got lucky and will be hoping for better results this Gameweek.

With the international break around the corner, I didn't want to take another -4 hit in case the extra player got injured for his country, thus rendering the hit pointless.  The only change I have decided to make is to sell Ivanovic for Lescott.  This may come as a surprise for some, but Ivanovic has a blank GW3 and has harder fixtures after that.  As for Lescott, he has pretty much guaranteed a starting place for the time being and has two decent upcoming fixtures.

As for the remainder of my team... I have some concerns.  With Bassong potentially back, Whittaker could be shafted out of the Norwich team.  Moreover, Kolo Toure picked up an injury midweek which has made him a major doubt for this GW.  As for Dzeko, despite scoring against Cardiff, he is a rotation risk.  In spite of that, I have decided to captain Dzeko for GW3.  I think he is capable of scoring against Hull, regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench.




GW Reject:

BENTEKE (AST)

GW Punt:

BEN ARFA (NEW)

GW Hot Pick:

DZEKO (MNC)



Why?

Scored in his last Premier League outing.
He is currently averaging 6 points per GW thus far.
Scores from starting or the bench versus different teams.




FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Jaaskelainen

Lescott
Zabaleta
O'Brien

Ben Arfa
Snodgrass
Morrison
Nolan

Van Persie
Soldado
Dzeko (c)

Subs:
Ruddy
Olsson
Coleman
Coutinho