Friday, 1 November 2013

GW10 FPL #JackInTheBox


All Eyes on South Wales This Weekend

Living in a country where football is struggling to gain a solid foothold in the mainstream sporting landscape, I wish I could take every person I know and sit with them during a playback of last week's Tyne-Wear derby.  It is fixtures like that where I am left literally shaking with adrenaline as I watch the emotion and intensity unfold.  The raw and uncontrollable excitement displayed by the supporters, in my opinion, is enough to turn even the harshest or most apathetic football critic into a believer with immediate effect.

Fresh off of last week's Adrenaline Fest comes another derby match that will go down in history as the first ever South Wales derby in the top flight of English football.  With the spotlight firmly pointed in the direction of Stadiwm Dinas Caerdydd, this historic fixture is much too important and simply cannot be overlooked during my first installment of #JackInTheBox.

Cardiff is tough at home; they proved difficult to breach in last year's Championship run and they've also beaten mighty Manchester City and kept Everton off the scoreboard this year in home fixtures.  I expect them to be tougher than ever this weekend, and I expect them to benefit greatly from home field advantage in one of the most anticipated fixtures of the Premier League season.  

With this in mind, and considering that main-man Whittingham's ownership level disqualifies him from consideration (along with my current defender Ben Turner), I'm sticking with a defensive player and anointing Steven Caulker as my first ever FPL #JackInTheBox!


GW10 FPL #JackInTheBox:   STEVEN CAULKER



Caulker is big, strong and tough.  He also has come away with maximum bonus points in two separate fixtures this season already.  His aerial presence on offensive set pieces, combined with Cardiff's notoriously tough defense at home, gives him a nice multi-faceted potential for a surprising jackpot of FPL points this weekend.  Steven, this is your cue to get in there and give us a #JackInTheBox worthy performance, buddy.

I hope you've enjoyed the first-ever installment of #JackInTheBox and I look forward to your comments, banter, and follow up discussion both here and in the Twitterverse.  I also look forward to the derby and will be watching him very closely, hoping to be able to show up post-GW with some bragging of my own to do.  Bring it on!

_______________________________________________________________________

Please remember that Fantasy Premier League Hints is a finalist in this year's Football Blogging Awards in the Best FPL Blog category.  The Chief has worked extremely hard over a number of years to build and offer a blog of high quality and consistency.  Your consideration and vote in the final round of voting would be greatly appreciated.


Visit the FBA's through this link right here.  Or cast your vote by simply tweeting the following:

 "I am voting in for as the Best Blog"


Cheers everyone and best of luck for FPL Gameweek 10!