Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Football Blogging Awards: Please Vote For Us!

Hi all,

With voting coming to a close this Sunday, I thought it best to lobby on this matter for one last time.  I posted a quasi-manifesto in September prior to our blog being shortlisted.  I would like to elaborate on the previous post and give you more insight about our blog.  But before I do so, I must say that it is an honour to be shortlisted, especially against some of the respected heavyweights of the FPL community.  We are truly humbled and appreciate the recognition wholeheartedly.

This blog is run by volunteers and has gradually expanded over the past two years.  Our increasing output hasn't been at the behest of quality.  I could have instigated quicker expansion from the onset, such as adopting a dot com URL, stuffing the blog with tons of adverts and so forth.  On a side note, I could have ditched it all together as I have had plenty of offers to write for other outlets too.  But sometimes it's good to say no and take things one step at a time.  I like the fact that I still use the "blogspot" suffix for my blog as it emphasises our rawness and authenticity.  We don't offer a bog standard service or force you to pay fees to read our content.  We are ordinary folks who are passionate about FPL.  It's as simple as that!  Thousands follow us on Twitter and more so read our posts on a weekly basis.  Such interest continues to increase and as a consequence gives us impetus to carry on.  Heck, we even sell shirts now!

Our FPL Blog Team is a litmus test of our success.  If we gave poor advice no one would read our blog.  Yet the truth of the matter is that we generally talk sense!  It is such a mindset that allowed me to be World No. 73 in 2012 or for Matej to finish World No. 15 in 2013.  In relation to this season, our 82% success rate of weekly Hot Picks/captains (thus far) shows that we have been able to get it right in the past as well as the present.  Even Walt's new feature (limited by strict parameters), #JackInTheBox, shows our depth in thinking - as was the case with his excellent pick in GW10.  We aren't experts by any stretch of the imagination.  But without our free insight would you be better off or worse off? Who else has shown you their team for every GW since the 2011/2012 season?  Who else shows you their captain and transfers or provides you with potential differentials on a weekly basis?

If you don't wish to vote for us that's completely fine too.  If that is the case I would personally recommend that you vote for Fantasy Yirma or Fantasy Football Pundits.

In relation to the other categories, I have only voted for FutbolPulse as Best New Blog.  Having said that I may vote for others in the remaining categories but that remains to be seen.




You can vote for us through Twitter, Facebook or SportsLobster.  Your vote is greatly appreciated by Walt, Matej and I.  If you have ever benefited from this blog in any way and haven't voted for anyone else (post-nominations),  PLEASE VOTE FOR US.

Regards,