Wednesday, 20 November 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 12

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers: 

Barkley OUT / Cabaye IN
One Free Transfer Spare

Surprise! I am posting my Gameweek preview a day earlier than usual.  I won't have time to write it up tomorrow.  As you know, I am due to attend the Football Blogging Awards as FPLH has been shortlisted under the "Best FPL Blog" category.  The event is a sell out and due to be held in Manchester at the National Football Museum.  I look forward to meeting my blogging chums at the awards!  Before I ramble on about this GW, I must say...

 DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAVEL, 
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAVEL,
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAVEL,
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAVEL!

I benched them when I shouldn't have! Let's hope for no more repeats!

After GW11 I was looking to bolster my defence.  Vidic and Kolo are on my exit list.  But I have benched Kolo for this GW (he won't be starting as much for Liverpool).  As for Vidic, I'm willing to give him one final chance v Cardiff to play 90 minutes AND to keep a clean sheet (something he has failed to do for me!).  Barkley has been a disappointment for me in recent weeks too.  Everton's upcoming fixtures won't be getting easier and that was a factor for me to get rid of him.  The only viable replacements were Sessegnon and Cabaye.  The problem was that if I bought Sess I would have had to use my other free transfer, but didn't deem it viable.  Sess's Monday night game against an injury hit Villa team makes him a differential captain too.  

For those that are familiarised with my team picks, I hardly ever pick players from the true team that I support.  However, I decided to go for Cabaye as he has Norwich at home this week and WBA at home the week after.  Debuchy was an option, but is unfortunately suspended.  Cabaye is capable of taking decent free kicks, penalties and even corners.  He isn't in theory an attack minded midfield player.  But with no HBA, I would expect Cabaye to play a more advanced role and be first pick on set-pieces.  His scoring ratio isn't too bad either - 16% in Ligue 1 and 17% in the PL for a box-to-box/technical player.  My plan is to keep Cabaye until GW 14 and then switch him with Sessegnon when WBA's fixtures improve.  I decided to opt for Ozil as my captain as he hasn't been fatigued by mid-week international football and is due a good innings at the Emirates.  Southampton won't be pushovers but they are due to concede a few goals on their travels.


GW Reject:
Elmander (NOR)

GW Punt:
Cabaye (NEW)

GW Hot Pick:
Ozil (ARS)



Why?

Arsenal have a good home scoring rate.
Ozil is one of the best assisters the world.
He is very consistent & reliable as a team player.

FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Krul

C. Davies
Santon
McAuley

Sessegnon
Ramsey
Y. Toure
Cabaye
Ozil (c)

Aguero
Suarez

Subs:
Cech
Zabaleta
Benteke
Gibbs