Thursday, 7 November 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 11

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers: 

NONE

Hi all, before I ramble on about this week's preview, I would like to say this again...


This blog has been shortlisted by the Football Blogging Awards under the category of:


You can vote for us through Twitter, Facebook or SportsLobster.  Your vote is greatly appreciated by Walt, Matej and I.  If you have ever benefited from this blog in any way and haven't voted for anyone else (post-nominations),  PLEASE VOTE FOR US.  I don't wish to go on about it too much, but this is the only FPL blog that has posted its own team for every single Gameweek for the past two years with decent results to boot!  More reasons as to why you should vote for us can be found on our previous post.

Before I talk about GW11, I must lament about GW10.  But why you may ask? My #HotPick and captain Aguero did so well and I scored over 70 points!  But that's not the end of it... I had Marshall on the bench (who kept a clean sheet), but played Vorm (who got sent off!).  I played Barkley (who pocketed a 1 point cameo) and benched Ramsey (who scored a goal).  In total I lost 20+ virtual points.  With that in mind...

 DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, 
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAMSEY,
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAMSEY,
DON'T BENCH RAMSEY, DON'T BENCH RAMSEY!

So glad I have got that off my chest...

As for GW11, I have decided not to make any transfers. This is partly due to the international break taking place next week.  In addition, my midfield and attack is jammed shut for now and I wasn't tempted by any specific defensive options.  The result of my non-action means that I will have 5 players potentially participating in one match (Man U v Arsenal).  I know that's a risk, but when their attacking players are doing so well (yes, like 'effing Ramsey!) it's hard not to keep them nailed down in my first XI.  In the unlikely event the match ends up as a damp squib 0-0 draw, Gibbs and Vidic will mildly bail me out from lost attacking points via clean sheets.  They could even score in a high scoring game.  It's a big match; you just never know.  Either way, I'm taking a risk and I don't mind.  The match promises a lot, especially when considering the following facts:

Arsenal have won 14 of their last 15 away matches.
Arsenal haven't beaten United at Old Trafford since 2006.
Man Utd haven't kept a clean sheet in the PL since GW4.
Man Utd have only won 2/5 PL matches at home this season.


I have decided to captain Suarez.  Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from their defeat at the Emirates and the Uruguayan will be the person who can inspire them against a shaky Fulham team.  I would have considered Aguero for the armband again, but he played 90 minutes mid-week in the Champions League.  Rooney, Ramsey and Ozil were also potential candidates but there are too many variables in the match at Old Trafford.


GW Reject:
GRAHAM (HUL)

GW Punt:
RAMSEY (ARS)

GW Hot Pick:
SUAREZ (LIV)


Why?

Liverpool have won 4 of their last 5 PL home matches.
Suarez & Sturridge have formed a lethal strike partnership.
With Coutinho back, expect more goal scoring opportunities.


FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Boruc

Terry
Lovren
G. Johnson

Oscar
Ramsey
Silva
Ozil

Suarez (c)
Aguero
Rooney

Subs:
Cech
Baines
Rangel
De Guzman

FPLH's Projected GW Results: