Thursday, 31 October 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 10

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers: 

Gayle & Y. Toure  OUT / Aguero & R. Morrison IN (-4 Hit)

Hi all, before I ramble on about this week's preview, I would like to say...



This blog has been shortlisted by the Football Blogging Awards under the category of:


You can vote for us through Twitter, Facebook or SportsLobster.  Your vote is greatly appreciated by Walt, Matej and I.  If you have ever benefited from this blog in anyway and haven't voted for anyone else (post-nominations),  PLEASE VOTE FOR US.  I don't wish to go on about it too much, but this is the only FPL blog that has posted its own team for every single Gameweek for the past two years with decent results to boot!  More reasons as to why you should vote for us can be found on our "reasons why" post.

Ok now back to the bread and breakfast of this blog...

Unfortunately my choice of Townsend as captain didn't pay off last week, but that didn't prevent me from rising up the rankings and posting a satisfactory score.  It wasn't a good weekend for midfielders and if you didn't have Suarez you missed out!

For GW10, I decided to make Aguero my number one transfer target.  Mainly because he is on form, has good upcoming fixtures and is City's main goal threat.  I had to sell Y. Toure to accommodate him, which is fine, as the Ivorian hasn't been as attacking with the return of Silva.  

I had £5.8M to spend on a midfield replacement at the start of the week, but due to the rapid rise of Aguero's price, my budget truncated to £5.6M.  This made De Guzman out of reach, but I wasn't too keen on him anyway.  I was very tempted to buy Arnautovic but his fitness and off-field issues were a concern.  Ravel Morrison was the stand out midfielder with my budget due to his flair and potential.  Moreover, he leaves with me £1.0M in the bank.  The resulting transfer changes have left me with a talented and youthful midfield to complement my strikers.

My captain for this Gameweek 10 is Aguero (a no brainer).  My vice-captain is Ozil.


GW Reject:
RUDDY (NOR)

GW Punt:
MORRISON (WHA)

GW Hot Pick:
AGUERO (MNC)

The origin of Aguero's nickname?
Why?

He has good upcoming PL fixtures.
Least likely to be rotated from all of City's strikers.
Has scored 42 PL goals in 72 games which makes him stand out.


FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Boruc

Baines
C. Davies
Evra

Hazard
R. Morrison
Silva
Ozil

Suarez
Aguero (c)
Rooney

Subs:
Pantilimon
Reid
Michu
Ridgewell

FPLH's Projected GW Results: