Friday, 8 November 2013

#CalledIt Differential Pick - GW11

I know, where is the visual, right? My apologies, there will be none this week as I am away on a business trip and it completely slipped my mind that I don't have Adobe Illustrator installed on my company computer (DOH!). Don't worry, despite the lack of packaging, the goods are still coming. Last week Fernando did not deliver, but two of the mentions - Sagbo and Sessegnon did. Hope you had at least one.

A popular pick this week seems to be Coutinho, who will do his best to play the inhospitable host role to the Fulham team, who have been on a receiving end of 10 goals in their last three matches (7 of those courtesy of Manchester City last week). While I do agree that he has the potential and he should start his first game in a while (after getting 45 minutes last GW) AND should take over the much coveted role of playing "in the hole" AND the fact that Liverpool will be hungry to bounce back after a disappointing defeat against Arsenal, I just believe that we can do better. Down to 8.5m (from 9.0m at the beginning of the season) and with an ownership of 4,7% he still deserves an honorable mention. Who knows, maybe by not selecting him for my #CalledIt, he will decide this is the time to shine and score a brace and add a trio of assists. Worth your consideration. Has the skill set, form is questionable.

With having said that, form is key! Because of this, I select Samir Nasri as my #CalledIt for GW11. Sure, he might not play 90 minutes, but City is rolling right now and he has returned 3 assists and 1 goal in the last 6 matches. Especially with Silva sidelined (most likely), he should carry more offensive threat.

GW11 #CalledIt


Samir NASRI

Cost: £8.0M
Ownership: 2,6%
Fixtures: B+
Form: B

As a risky differential, you can always turn to Mirallas. He is down to 7.2m and 3,3% ownership, but Crystal Palace should prove to be a resilient opponent this week. You can also consider Eto'o (with Torres out) and Negredo.