Thursday, 3 October 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 7

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers (-4 Hit):
Soldado & Cech (OUT) / Suarez & Vorm (IN)

GW 6 was fairly wacky for the Manchester clubs.  But I ask you, who else is pleased with their captain pick for the previous GW? I sure am! Barkley's performance with the armband dramatically boosted my points haul.  Having said that, my last 3 Monday night captains have now scored 7 goals between them + lots of baps to boot!  Let that be a lesson to you - Monday nights can reap rewards in FPL for your captain.  :D

My team is  gradually looking like a sea of red.  I decided to sell Soldado after his failure to score a PL goal from open play in 6 attempts.  I think his place could be jeopardised with Defoe's form, which is why I partly decided to offload him.  But it was more about getting Suarez before his price shoots up.  He is a proven PL goalscorer and had a fantastic return back following a lengthy suspension.  I decided to buy him now due to good upcoming fixtures.  However, purchasing Suarez required me to take a -4 hit.  I axed Cech as I feel that he hasn't been value for money thus far.  As a result, Vorm made sense as the alternative.  He seems to rotate well with Marshall from now until early December!

My captain for this GW is Suarez.  He is due to play at home against a Crystal Palace team that has conceded 6 goals in the last 3 PL games.  Unlike last GW, this captaincy pick has more to do with common sense and less with risk.  RVP is also a viable captain for GW7, but he will be my vice-captain.


GW Reject:
SPERONI (CRY)

GW Punt:
WHITTINGHAM (CAR)

GW Hot Pick:
SUAREZ (LIV)


Why?

Liverpool's most attacking player.
Isn't being bogged down by cup games.
40 PL goals / 21 assists since February 2011.


FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Mignolet

Vidic
Enrique
Kompany


Y. Toure
Whittingham
Eriksen
Ozil

Suarez (c)
Van Persie
Aguero

Subs:
Hart
Mata
Hangeland
C. Davies


FPLH's Projected GW Results: