Thursday, 17 October 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 8

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Transfers: None

The group stages of the qualifiers are over and England are joining the samba party in Brazil!  They came back from the brink and played their A-game.  England last qualified unbeaten for a World Cup under Bobby Robson.  Let's hope they maintain momentum with their new "more flair/no fear" policy.  Qualification is fantastic news for FPL gamers, as English players will try and enhance their own performances in the PL so that they are considered for selection.

Enough of the World Cup for now and back to PL...  As you can see I have made no transfers this GW.  This is significant as I have taken -4 hits since August in almost every GW up to now.  The decision to not make any transfers required patience on my part.  Having said that 8/11 of my first XI are playing at home with decent fixtures.  I didn't wish to take another -4 hit but was looking to do a simple in-out transfer.  I wanted Lukaku put couldn't fit him in.  Distin for K. Toure was an option, but Distin's lack of attacking threat was a concern.  Januzaj for Morrison was also another possibility, but I want to see the young winger prove himself a bit more first.  In the end I decided that I should hold the trigger for this GW.

I had a good think about RVP.  I was tempted to sell him, but he is the kind of player who doesn't tend to suffer from long-term bad form.  With 2 decent home fixtures it made sense to keep him.  I will start with Ozil, even though he is a doubt.  Had he been 100% fit I may have even captained him.  But in the end I decided to take a chance on RVP with the arm band.  It won't be easy for United to score 2+ goals at OT against Southampton especially considering their decent defensive record this season (5/7 clean sheets).  But this won't put me off from captaining RVP.  On a side note, my vice-captain is Barkley due to Everton's good home record and Hull's poor away record.



GW Reject:
MCGREGOR (HUL)

GW Punt:
GAYLE (CRY)

GW Hot Pick:
VAN PERSIE (MNU)


Why?

Doesn't suffer from long-term "bad" form.
56 PL goals / 28 assists since August 2011.
RVP has pedigree & is due a goal or two in the PL.


FPLH's GW Star Picks:

Cech

Vidic
Gibbs
Baines

Y. Toure
Barkley
Oscar
Ozil

Suarez
Van Persie (c)
Lukaku

Subs:
Vorm
Ramsey
Terry
B. Davies

FPLH's Projected GW Results: