Friday, 25 October 2013

#CalledIt Differential Pick - GW9


After watching Arsenal's mid-week Champions League game against Borussia Dortmund, I was amazed (yet again) by Santi Cazorla. He looked Gillette sharp and seemed to have that extra bounce in his step that "sealed" it for me immediately - he will be my #CalledIt pick for GW9!

However, teams with a new manager usually play much better all of a sudden, almost like a new team - could it happen to Crystal Palace as well? I don't really think it will (as I know the majority of the #FPL managers will be captaining Özil, so it must work out, right?) and with Santi still coming back from an injury (and all that midfield talent Arsenal has all of a sudden), I decided to steer away...EH, who am I kidding? It was just a gut feeling that I have. And my gut is telling me NOT to settle for the obvious choices of either Santi, Cabaye or Torres, though ALL of them could (and should) be included as viable differentials for this week. 

So, I have decided to go with Bony. High expectations before the season have not yet paid dividends and at times he even seemed to hold back Michu. But he has managed to take 10 shots (4 on target) and has created 5 chances (1 assist) over the last three games, which makes me believe he can deliver against West Ham. Wilfried Bony, (you can get him for 7.5m at your local #FPL shop) is my #CalledIt for GW9.