Sunday, 27 November 2011

Gameweek 13 Summary

The gameweek had a sombre ending with the tragic death of Gary Speed

The Premier League kicked off with Stoke recording a home win against relegation strugglers Blackburn.  A deflated Chelsea comfortably defeated Wolves 3-0.  10-man Newcastle United (one of Speed's old clubs) defied the odds and remarkably (or controversially) held out for a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.  Norwich won 2-1 at home, whilst Sunderland lost 1-2 at home.  Tottenham won 3-1 versus West Brom.  Arsenal's free-scoring Van Persie finally failed to net a goal after five consecutive weeks of scoring.  Swansea valiantly held out for a goalless draw at home, as Manchester City failed to win for only a second time in the league this season with a 1-1 draw at Anfield.  Swansea' Vorm (4.6) has continued to show his value for money by keeping a more than respectable 6 clean sheets out of 13 thus far.  Unfortunately, I lost out on points by making RVP my captain at a time when with hindsight it should have been Adebayor.  On top of this, I lost points on VDV and Phil Jones not playing.  The much maligned John Terry (7.4) scored his fourth goal of the season and makes him a favourable name for potential selection.  Due to Rooney's failure to score for another gameweek, I may now replace him with Demba Ba or another goalscoring alternative.  Moreover, I am inclined to replace Ramsey with a more attacking midfielder.  On a side note, my two purchases of Adebayor and Walters did me proud by getting two goals and assists between them.  I shall upload my recommended player for gameweek 14 in due course. 

Once again - I pass on my sympathies to Gary Speed's family and all football fans that have had an affinity with him.