Monday, 7 November 2011

Gameweek 11 Summary

In the week when Fergie celebrated his 25th year at Manchester United, my team enhanced its overall position for a fifth consecutive gameweek. With the bonus points update on Monday morning, my team scored a respectable 77 points. This is my highest gameweek score thus far for this season and shows signs of me building upon consistency.

Firstly upon my gw changes. I ditched Hart and Petrov, in place of Vorm and Van der Vaart. The expensive Hart conceded a goal v QPR, whilst cheap as chips Vorm pulled off a remarkable clean sheet at Anfield. Petrov didn't play, where as VDV failed to score or assist after six consecutive gameweeks. But have no fear with VDV, as the vast majority of Spurs' fixtures until mid-January seem winnable, he is worth keeping in the team up until then.

Micah Richards, my recommended player of GW 11, conceded a goal which depleted his weekly points tally, where as Jones and Enrique did me good by keeping clean sheets. Ryan Taylor made up for the lost points of a clean sheet by scoring a 25 yard screamer which boosted his tally. Cabaye's injury in the first half dented his chance to shine and Rooney in midfield was unconvincing and unsuccessful.  Rooney has now failed to score in six consecutive gamweeks and is shortlisted for the chop.

Ultimately, it was my other two strikers that led the charge. Dzeko and RVP (captain) shared two goals and two assists between them during this gameweek. These two players generated the bulk of my GW points tally.  I recommended RVP in GW 9 and tipped of his potential success and price rise. This has now happened. Dzeko was my problem player who I kept faith with. He has rewarded me handsomely in the last two gameweeks. For GW 12, I am toying with the idea of obtaining Silva and Agbonlahor by replacing the injured Cabaye and out of form Rooney.  I will post my recommended player of gameweek 12 shortly.  As always I look forward to your comments and feedback.