Monday, 14 November 2011

Recommended Player for Gameweek 12

Recommended Player for Gameweek 12 - Joe Allen (Swansea City)



I have been monitoring cheap bargains of late and have finally bought one.  You may not have heard of him, but my recommended pick for gameweek 12 (and beyond) is the 21 year old Wales International Joe Allen (Swansea City).  He forms a formidable midfield with Bales and Ramsey on a global level.  He has started eight of Swansea's last Premier League matches, providing a credible two goals and two assists.  He is listed as a midfielder, but plays behind Danny Graham in an attacking midfield role (almost second striker), or as I call it the VDV slot.  I was inclined to buy Bolton's Eagles (5.4) but was unconvinced by Bolton's lack of goals.  Also, by buying Joe Allen I am saving 0.7 over Eagles and a further 0.7 on the player that I swapped him for (Scott Sinclair, 6.1).  I decided to make the transfer as both are first team regulars for Swansea, yet with a relatively huge 1.4 price difference, there is only a one goal difference between them.  I know Swansea are playing Manchester United this gamweek and will be hard pressed for goals against the league champions.  But United's defence has been leaky (bar the last two gameweeks) and Swansea have been scoring goals.  Even if you don't have him in your first team it is worthwhile having him as a a cheap stock substitute.  Ultimately, the reason why I bought Joe Allen is due to his star potential at a cheap price and also as it has allowed me to free up funds, which I can hopefully invest in a Silva.

My captain for gameweek 12 is Edin Dzeko.  My full game week team can be found here.