Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
Transfers*: J Morrison OUT / A Townsend IN
One transfer? But doesn't my team look a bit different? The sharp-eyed among you will know of my last minute panic transfer* last Saturday. After reading of reports that Van Persie was a significant doubt, I sold him for Rooney and changed my captain to Suarez at 11.28am BST. Ironically, Van Persie did play after all, yet I bagged more points with Suarez as captain, Rooney rewarded me with an assist and as a result of the transfer I have £3.0M in the bank!
For this GW, I was tempted to use my spare change to make a decent acquisition. I didn't want to modify my team too much due to their decent fixtures as a whole. But I did want to offload someone with lack of game time and dipping value. I offloaded J Morrison after his failure to squeeze into WBA's new look midfield. I should have sold him sooner as I lost £0.3M on him. Lallana tempted me as a replacement, but I didn't want to eat too much into my spare funds. Fortunately, there was a player with the same price as Morrison + form on his side - Andros Townsend. He is now a mainstay flank player for Spurs, can use both feet and has some good upcoming fixtures against teams that have conceded more than a goal a game as follows:
GW 09 Hull (H)
GW 10 Everton (A)
GW 11 Newcastle (H)
Townsend has a decent EA Sports PPI rank and finally scored his maiden goal for Spurs last week. He was rested midweek for Spurs' Europa League tie. His offensive attributes are such that I have decided to captain him against a Hull team that have conceded 8 goals in their last 4 PL away games. Such stats and my bullish instincts encouraged me to captain him. This is despite the fact that I have other captain candidates via Ozil (my VC), Rooney and Suarez. However, Ozil and Rooney played in Europe midweek, where as Suarez is playing a WBA team that have only conceded 6 goals in 8 PL games.
GW Reject:
SPERONI (CRY)
GW Punt:
LALLANA (SOU)
GW Hot Pick:
TOWNSEND (TOT)
Why?
At £5.7M, Townsend is value for money.
Overall 10th best EA SPORTS PPI rated midfielder.
A flair player that can score & also create chances.
FPLH's GW Star Picks:
Lloris
Dawson
Johnson
Evra
Townsend (c)
Lallana
Barkley
Ozil
Rooney
Suarez
Giroud
Subs:
Vorm
Michu
B. Davies
Clyne
FPLH's Projected GW Results: