Thursday, 27 August 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 4

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will
most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


CAPTAIN: AGUERO

Fantasy Football Fix
 
 
CHIPS USED: 0

GW TRANSFERS: 0

WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED


Thoughts:

Another Gameweek chalked off and another green arrow gained... if only I wasn't ranked 1.8 million-ish. GW3 saw me match GW2's score of 44 and had it not been for Cech's superlatives I would be ranked a lot lower. I am fully aware that a large chunk of FPL managers have already used their first wilcard (at least 10%), some have already used at least one chip whereas others have struck it lucky with in-form bandwagon players, such as Mahrez and Kolarov.  Me? Well, I'm different. I value patience in FPL.  I built my pre-season team to last for a good few weeks (up to October).  I trust my team and believe it doesn't need a lot of changes... yet.
 
I was tempted to make a transfer or two before Gameweek 4 but I opted against it. The international break will follow suit and the risk of injuries/fatigue means that I want at least two free transfers at hand.  Also, the transfer window is still open! We could expect a few more signings in the next few days, which may affect my in-game transfers.  I would rather use what I call a "mini-wildcard" (2 free transfers and a -4 hit) on the eve of Gameweek 5 than making a couple of panic buys at this moment in time. The good players will come good.  The cream will rise to the top.

Fantasy Football Fix's algorithm favoured Aguero to do well last week (he was unlucky not to score) and it strongly favours him again; so he retains the armband.  Graham managed some game time for Sunderland, but regardless, I will keep him as my dud sub3.  Oxford's short term stay in the first XI seems to have come to an end, so I have benched him.  Huth takes the sub1 spot as the other defenders have favourable home fixtures.  Looking ahead, I may switch Ozil for Sanchez and Pedro for Hazard.  But that remains to be seen.
 
Good luck to you all!