Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 3

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will
most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.



CAPTAIN: AGUERO

Fantasy Football Fix


CHIPS USED: 0

TRANSFERS (2 FTs):

Aguero and Hoolahan IN
Sterling and Rooney OUT


Thoughts:

GW2 was another low scoring Gameweek and led to a slight improvement in my team's overall performance.  After 8 impatient days of waiting, Chadli scored the first goal of the season for my team on Saturday afternoon.  Ozil's unexpected points on Sunday were a bonus. Alas, I have yet to secure a clean sheet; ironically I had more defensive points on the bench (4) than I did on the pitch (2)! Ultimately, it was Benteke, my "MNF Captain" who secured green arrows all across the board.

Aguero's goal and City's thrashing of Chelsea was sufficient for me to buy the Argentine.  Furthermore, I am happy to captain him against Everton at Goodison Park; that's how much confidence I have in his projected capability.  It made sense to sell Rooney due to his poor form. Yes, he has a good record against NUFC which is why I didn't want to sell him on a whim, but do note that he also had a good career strike rate over Villa and that didn't bode well for him on Friday night!

My second transfer may come as a surprise for many - "Wessi" Hoolahan - but it makes so much sense on many different levels.  3 assists in the first 2 games, playing behind the striker, involvement in set pieces, good run of upcoming games, a steal at £5.0M and most significantly he had less than 1% ownership when I bought him which makes him a SUPER DIFFERENTIAL.  Acquiring him has allowed me to also free up funds, i.e. in the event that I want to sell Ozil for Sanchez, I can now do that for a -4 in Gameweek 4 or via 2 FTs in Gameweek 5.