Monday, 31 December 2012

FPL Hints - Gameweek 21

FPLH's GW 21 Team*

Transfers: Sessegnon (OUT) / Walcott (IN)

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Team Reasoning

Sometimes you have to go with your gut instinct even if it means a -4 hit.  Alas I didn't do that last GW and lost out on 26 points, as well as my place in the FPL Cup!  You guessed it, I wanted Theo Walcott but stalled at the last hour.  I even recommended him as one of my ideal XI hot picks for GW 20.  I suppose at least that purchasing Podolski for Tevez was a minor masterstroke and gained me a further 11 points.

The problem was that I wanted to give Valencia one final chance (and he just about delivered).  Another option was to get rid of Michu but I didn't want to panic sell a top goalscorer due to his short-term injury.  The final choice was to sell Sessegnon, despite his quasi-return to form.

For this GW I have gone with the obvious and brought in Theo Walcott.  I had in fact bought him in November before he was struck down with injury and had Reading not had a DGW I wouldn't have sold him for the ill-fated Robson-Kanu.  Ironically, Theo has an upcoming DGW and I thought it best to plan ahead and bring him in now, especially with Southampton (A) being his next fixture.

I was looking at a -4 hit for GW21 and many options stood out; Marveaux (4.2), Gibbs (5.5), Evans (5.8), Azpilicueta (5.6) to name but a few.  Knowing my luck they will probably score goals and keep clean sheets between them in GW 21.  In the end I decided to hold my horses and not make any other rash changes as my team looks relatively strong.

My captain for GW21 is Theo Walcott, which was a no-brainer.  I doubt he will be rested v Southampton as Arsenal didn't play on Boxing Day.  On a more positive note, as I won FPL Dugout's league last season I gained automatic entry into their Champions League for this season and I look forward to dominating it!

Recommended Player for Gameweek 21
  
Theo Walcott

Scored a colossal 40 points in his last 3 PL matches!
Listed as a midfielder but now playing as a striker.
At sub £9.0M, he is value for money.


FPLH's Hot Picks XI for GW 21

Hart

Luiz
Walker
Gibbs
 
Lennon
Walcott-c
Valencia
Mata

Van Persie
Defoe-vc
Podolski

Subs:
Lloris
Azpilicueta
Marveaux
B. Davies


6/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW Team