Thursday, 20 December 2012

FPL Hints - Gameweek 18

FPLH's GW 18 Team*

Transfers: Fletcher & Shorey (OUT) / Tevez & Luiz (IN)

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Team Reasoning

Following last GW's fail, I have decided to spruce up my team.  Out goes Fletcher and in comes Tevez.  Despite the rotation risk, I am confident that Tevez will feature for City over the festive period and do well with their upcoming fixtures.  Moreover City will be looking to catch up lost ground from United.

I have also decided to sell Shorey due to Reading's poor defensive record and brought in Luiz.  I was encouraged by his midfield role (despite being a defender) during the World Club Cup and I believe he is due a goal or two.

On a side note, I must apologise for my recent slump in form.  A good festive period points haul would be the perfect tonic to my recent woes.  It's not time for me to go gung ho, but a bit of high points consistency wouldn't go amiss.

Recommended Player for Gameweek 18
  
David Luiz

Attack minded defender that can score goals.
Less than 3% ownership makes him a differential.
Recently deployed as a midfielder which is promising.

Hart (MNC)

  Luiz / vc (CHE)
  Cole (CHE)
Johnson (LIV)
 
Sterling (LIV)
Hazard (CHE)
Valencia (MNU)
Toure (MNC)

Van Persie (MNU)
  Tevez / c (MNC)
  Suarez (LIV)

Subs:
Foster (WBA)
Walker (TOT)
Rafael (MNU)
Michu (SWA)

8/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW 18 Team