FPLH's GW 17 Team*
Transfers: None
*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Team Reasoning
Following poor purchases (and a -4 hit) that failed to materialise in GW16, I have decided to go cold turkey in GW17 and not purchase any new players at all.
With hindsight it was a dumb idea to sign Shorey up for DGW, especially considering the fact that Reading have failed to keep a clean sheet away in the league all season. Robson-Kanu's no show last night didn't help either.
On the plus side, the benefit of having Shorey and Robson-Kanu as subs is that I am now less likely to have lost points on the bench.
I have decided to bring Rafael back in following my disasterous choice of leaving him out v City, then again, who would have predicted his two assists?
Robson-Kanu loses his place to Suarez after he served his one match ban.
It was a close call between my captain pick (Van Persie v Suarez), but I have decided to opt for Van Persie as United have scored far more home goals than Liverpool (19-9).
I trust that my spare transfer could be handy with the upcoming fixture congestion for GWs 18-21.
Recommended Player for Gameweek 17
Robin Van Persie
Van Persie has scored 3 goals in his last 3 PL outings
United are scoring 3+ goals at home in the PL thus far
At £13.8 Van Persie isn't cheap, but definitely worth it!
de Gea (MNU)
Bassong (NOR)
Enrique (LIV)
7/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW 17 Team
Bassong (NOR)
Ridgewell (WBA)
Sterling (LIV)
Snodgrass (NOR)
Subs:
Begovic (STO)
Dempsey (TOT)
Cazorla (ARS)
Van Persie (MNU)
Rooney (MNU)
Suarez (LIV)
Subs:
Riise (FUL)
Huth (STO)
Michu (SWA)
7/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW 17 Team