Monday, 24 December 2012

FPL Hints - Gameweek 19

FPLH's GW 19 Team*

Transfers: Robson-Kanu (OUT) / Sidwell (IN)

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Team Reasoning

Looks like my team changes from last week were half successful.  Bringing in Luiz and recommending him worked out a treat.  However my purchase of Tevez (c) didn't come good against a dire Reading team, where as the player I sold (Fletcher) did in fact score.  Despite my captain only bagging 2 points, I scored 65 points overall and can't complain with the much needed bounce back.

For the boxing day fixtures (GW19), I realise that some regular first team players across the board will be rested.  Naturally this means that my bench could come into play and I am confident that I have reasonable subs at hand.  Moreover I am lucky that I have no Arsenal or West Ham players as their fixture has been postponed

I decided to buy Sidwell due to a number of reasons.  Firstly, he is a key member of Fulham's first team.  Despite only being a central midfielder he has scored a credible amount of goals in the league so far this season (4).  I am confident he will start in Fulham's next two matches, which are reasonable:

GW 19 - Southampton (H)
GW 20 - Swansea (H)

Sidwell tends to do well at home against non-elite clubs.  In fact all 4 of his goals were scored at home.  This is good as I can easily alternate him with confidence when he has an away fixture.  In addition his bonus points accumulation this season has been impressive - 10 bonus points, 11th best for a midfielder.  A better record than the likes of Arteta, Hazard and Silva!

All the above is amazing when you see that he is only priced at £5.1M.  I have never been a fan of his, but I now see a pattern with him and I like it.  He won't score week in week out, but he is the perfect pick for certain home matches, as is the case now!

As for my captain I have opted for Van Persie, even though I fear that he could be rested.  In which case Michu should kick in for me against Reading.

Recommended Player for Gameweek 19
  
Steve Sidwell

Likely to start upcoming matches, unlike some other players.
Less than 3% ownership makes him a differential.
At £5.1M, he is definitely a steal purchase!

FPLH's Hot Picks XI for GW 19

de Gea

Evra
Riise
Baines
 
Sidwell
Pienaar
Taarabt
Michu-vc

Van Persie-c
Berbatov
Jelavic

Subs:
Silva
Luiz
Huth

6/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW 19 Team