Friday, 25 September 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 7

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will  most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


CHIPS USED: 0

GW TRANSFERS: 2

  MARTIAL & BEGOVIC IN

BENTEKE & CECH OUT

-4 HIT

  WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED


Thoughts & Reasoning:

Another Gameweek, another captain fail.  Benteke was unable to complete a full match against Norwich.  Insult was added to injury when Ings replaced him and subsequently nicked his goal and cost me a few hundred thousand in the overall table.  Hazard's dodgy goal (now classed as an own goal) didn't help my cause.  On a more positive note, my -4 purchases of Mahrez and de Bruyne (high ownership & low ownership combo) worked like a treat as my team went up 300,000 net places.  Progress is being made, slowly but surely.

With my wildcard still available, I feel as if I can make transfers on a calculated whim and with creative license at hand.  I made a shotgun transfer on Sunday night (as stated on Twitter) and immediatey bought Martial in place of Benteke.  With a £0.3m increase and 675,000+ purchases later, I feel this was justified.  I also gave the France International an honourable mention on the Weekly Fantasy Football Show.  I bought him when he was a differential, but his ownership has already surpassed 20%.  I wanted to offset this by buying a genuine differential, in the same vein as de Bruyne last week.

I also wanted a Chelsea player - I believe they have turned a corner after their incident-laden win against Arsenal.  Unfortunately, Chelsea don't have many low ownership players.  Pedro/Hazard made sense against a dire Newcastle, but I'm giving Sanchez one final chance to bag a fantasy return before I sell him.  This forced me to look at Chelsea's defensive cover.  Zouma was viable, but I'm worried that he's competing a slot with Terry and Cahill - also I didn't want to sell Cedric for him.  This led me to Begovic.  I rarely take a -4 hit for a defender.  But his next 3 fixtures are reasonable, owned by only 2% and I have saved £0.5m by selling Cech.  I have nothing to lose as I am "chasing" and I can tidy up any failed transfers with my wildcard.

This week's captain was straight forward.  It had to be the in-form Martial as he lines up against a woeful Sunderland team.  He even scored during his League Cup cameo.  Aguero's record against Spurs is of note, but his current form isn't correct for the armband.

Good luck to you all!

You can vote for FPLHints as the "Best Football Influencer",

Or you can vote via Twitter by by clicking here and tweeting this.