Thursday, 10 September 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 5

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will
most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  


CHIPS USED: 0

GW TRANSFERS: 3

SANCHEZ, PEDRO & KOLAROV IN

OZIL, HAZARD & IVANOVIC OUT

2 FTS & a -4 HIT = *MINI-WILDCARD*

ACTUAL WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED


Thoughts:

With the international break finally over, enough time has passed for the dust to settle over a shabby Gameweek 4.  Aguero proved to be an ill-fated captain and the rest of my Power 7 didn't do much either.  Excessive patience with Ozil, Hazard and Ivanovic finally reached a crescendo with the former being unfit and the latter two being dancing shadows from last season.  I had to take affirmative action.  Pedro's form and £1.9m cheaper value v Hazard hadn't gone unnoticed.  Hazard tends to blow hot and cold from time to time, whereas Pedro is usually more consistent, albeit not explosive, ever since his time in La Liga. I wasn't comfortable having Ozil in my team either, especially when Sanchez was finally fit.  Both had indifferent form, but the Chilean grabbed a goal on international duty and I think this is the start to his much awaited FPL "comeback" - also the reason why I have given him the armband. But before I did so, I needed reaffirmation in making this particular transfer and the following tweet endorsed via peer acclaim and sound stats proved decisive:



The acquisitions of the former Barca men has effectively treated me to a differential tri-attack. This will ensure that my team isn't too template-esque, but at the same time isn't overloaded with low-ownership one hit wonders. My final transfer led me to taking a -4, but I did so without any qualms.  Kolarov's regular starts for City, sub £6.0M price and awesome form is a dream for any FPL manager.  To top things off he has a good run of upcoming games until GW 12 at the very least.  Looking back, I could have very easily baulked at my 2,000,000+ rank and activated my actual wildcard. But I'm sticking to my plan.  After GW8, once the late transfers such as Martial, de Bruyne, Dijk and the like have settled in, I will happily activate it then.  In the meantime, let's hope things turn around, pronto.

Good luck to you all!