Friday, 28 November 2014

#FlyBuy - GW13

Read it and weep naysayers! FlyBuy is BACK WITH A BANG! After a season of frustration and misfires with my weekly pick, GW12 finally delivered, and delivered in style!


A risky pick saw me tip Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor to deliver, and last Monday evening he responded to my call and engaged "Beast Mode", not seen very often but devastatingly effective when he does. A 9 point haul put a smile on my face and vindicated my decision to stick with this feature through the lean times.


But that wasn't all. As you know, FlyBuy isn't just a one week pick. It's based on my projections for a 5 game period. I don't consult any Stats sites to do this, just good old fashioned gut feeling. It was brilliant to take a look at my last few picks and to see all but one also delivered in GW12.


EVERY SINGLE PICK since GW8 racked up decent FPL points returns. Assists for Lallana and Barkley and a goal for Stevan Jovetic saw me nearly pick up a FlyBuy full-house, with only Santi Cazorla letting me down.


So how do I consolidate this success? Well, ignoring the fact Cazorla has so far failed me, I've turned my attention back to Arsenal, and identified a couple of opportunities. The returning Olivier Giroud post-injury nearly got my vote for this week's pick, but I still think he may be gradually reintroduced from the bench by Wenger.


No, instead I have decided to go with FPL Gold from last season. 10 goals and 9 assists before injury took him away from inevitably achieving a 200+ point season. This year he started well with goals in GW1 and 2 before drifting off through a mixture of injury and poor form.


I think he is going to very soon return with some impact in terms of FPL returns and it could very well be this week away at West Brom. I'd love nothing more than the Baggies to be picked apart at the Borethorns, and this is the guy who could do it.


It is the second best Welsh midfielder in the world, Aaron Ramsey who gets handed the FlyBuy boots and a responsibility to keep my run going. Available for £8.7m from a season high of £9.1m and with an ownership % of 13.5% (of which many will now be Ghostship accounts).


If you can't afford Sanchez, and let's face it if you don't own him yet then the fact he rose in price again last night to £11m, then I'd suggest Ramsey is the way to go to get Arsenal coverage during their favourable run of fixtures that consists of: wba/SOU/sto/NEW/liv/QPR. That last game also happens to be taking place on Boxing Day - Aaron Ramsey's 24th birthday...


FLY


@meet_the_gadfly


FlyBuy picks to date (only takes into account 5 GWs)

GW1 - Calum Chambers (ARS) - Points: 1 / 0 / 8 / 1 / 5 
GW2 - Steven Pienaar (EVE) - Points: 1 / 0 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW3 - Siem de Jong (NEW) - Points: 2 (inj) / DNP / DNP / DNP / DNP
GW4 - Marko Arnautovic (STO) - Points: DNP / 1 / 3 / 2 / 0
GW5 - Yaya Toure (MCY) - Points: 1 / 2 / 11 / 1 / 2
GW6 - Wilfried Bony (SWA) - Points: 1 / 6 / 7 / 13 / 1
GW7 - Kevin Nolan (WHU) - Points: 1 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 1
GW8 - Adam Lallana (LIV) - Points: 3 / 3 / DNP / DNP / 5
GW9 - Ross Barkley (EVE) - Points: 1 / 3 / 2 / 5
GW10 - Santi Cazorla (ARS) - Points: 3 / 2 / 0
GW11 - Stevan Jovetic (MCY) - Points: DNP / 8
GW12 - Gabby Agbonlahor (AVL) - Points: 9