Monday, 26 December 2011

Great Britain and NI's Football Team at the 2012 Olympics

I recently managed England while playing FM 2012 with mixed results.  During this stint I was also eligible to manage Great Britain and Northern Ireland's football team for the London 2012 Olympics, which I did so whole heartedly.  In doing so I was able to select players from England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.  Unlike the current national set up I decided to field a strong team.  As a result I benefited in having a strong depth of players to choose from that would not have been otherwise available.  It's unlikely that some of the players selected by me will play in real life.  But it goes to show what could happen if Stuart Pearce (England U21 manager / Team GB & NI manager) was to pick a strong team.  The following shows screen shots of my success at managing  them when playing FM 2012:


The selected players for the first group match

Cricket score victory over Australia in the group stages

Rout of Ivory Coast, also in the group stages

Thrilling victory over Uruguay in the Semi Finals

My First XI - Team GB - for the Final

Final Score v Mexico as Team GB win Gold!

A brief report outlining the success of Team GB


;-)