Monday, 1 February 2016

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 24

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  

TRANSFER: 1 (FT rolled over)

TARGETT IN / BENNETT OUT

CHIPS (including wildcard): STILL AVAILABLE

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:

  £0.3M (+£0.1M)
  
 
Folks, it goes without saying, my FPL team has had a shocking 2016 to date.  In fact looking at the season as a whole, I've had rotten luck with captain picks.  I used to average 60 points per Gamweek in previous seasons, I'm miles off that.  I'm lucky to be still ranked in the Top 1 Million (just about).  I was hoping to use my "mini-wildcard" (2FTs and a -4) after the cup break, but to my frustration the players that I wanted to sell scored!  I wanted to bring in Sanchez but the truth is that I'm already stretched on a "Pound Shop" level at the back and I need to unlock some equity from my team, pronto.

I have lost patience with the goalies, Giroud, Arnautovic, Dier and Lukaku.  They are all on my bin list.  But I can't sell any of them just yet.  I decided to sell R Bennett after he lost his place in the Norwich team.  I was contemplating Borthwick-Johnson as a viable replacement but he isn't guaranteed a starting place beyond Gameeweek 24.  I also looked at Swansea's Rangel and their upcoming games, but he was also somewhat of a risk.  I decided to buy Targett due to his cheap price and sensational form.  Best of all, I gained £0.1M by selling the now defunct R Bennett.  I don't mind benching Targett against Arsenal.

If I retrospectively opted for my vice-captain over my captain this season, I would have acquired far more points than I currently have.  I was tempted to go with Lukaku but his form has been diabolical of late.  It has to be Aguero - The "Shield Captain".  City need a win.  City need goals.  What better way for Pellegrini to leave in May by winning the Premier League?  It's within his grasp.  You can't look beyond Aguero when he is scoring regularly.  Here's to hoping.  Good luck!