Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 26

Disclaimer: *I reserve the right to change this team at any time. Any changes will most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.
  

TRANSFERS:1

AZPILICUETA IN / BAINES OUT

CHIPS (including wildcard): STILL AVAILABLE

MONEY IN THE FPL BANK:

  £1.4M (+£0.4M)
  
 
It will get worse, before it gets better? I certainly hope not!  Gameweek 26 led to a 4th consecutive red arrow.  Only once have I seen green in 2016.  I need that to change, pronto.  The purchase of Baines a few weeks back was nothing but a failure on my part.  This hasn't been helped by the fact that Targett and Oxford sit on my bench, which resulted in my team only fielding 10 players over the weekend with a score of 59.  I really should have captained Aguero too.
 
Looking ahead... aside from form, I wanted to sell a player who had a blank in Gameweek 27 and buy a player who didn't.  Baines' no-shows have proven costly to my team - all the more worse with Everton keeping clean sheets.  I have no plans of selling off my front 7 just yet, so I had to focus on my rickety defence. Azpilicueta made sense as Chelsea have started to keep clean sheets (albeit more so away) and Newcastle have struggled to score on the road.
 
As for my captain, 6 goals in his last 4 PL games and penchant to score goals against Spurs (even with their recent solid away form) it had to be Aguero.
 
Here's to hoping.  Sorry in advance if I mess up (again)!