Saturday, 24 October 2015

Vintage FPL: Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle United (Guest Post)


So there I was, scratching around in the FPL wilderness trying to find my place, thoroughly enjoying my time being part of the FPL Community but feeling the need to do something to ‘earn’ my place. I began by posting some vines for a bit of fun – predominantly based on Ari Gold from Entourage and The X-Factor were getting me by but I needed something more...
In choosing the name @FPLVintage I suppose I kind of subconsciously pushed this kind of thing on myself but it wasn’t until an inspiring DM session with the man himself (when I was supposed to be washing up) that the task dawned upon me.
Chief - “You should do a Twitter post with vintage FPL values”
Nah I thought, too much effort. But then I started considering it; Why not? Shouldn’t take too long,  could make it a regular thing (if I can be bothered), might be quite an interesting thing to do plus I’ve always found it a lot easier talking more accurately about the past than the future, so….. here we go.
Number 1 instalment of FPLVintage, VPL (Vintage Premier League – not Visible Panty Line). Took place at Anfield on Wednesday 3rd April 1996, I remember listening to the game on Radio 5live in my bedroom on the ghetto blaster I had for my 15th Birthday (the November before) as the old man was always too tight to get Sky. Considered to be one of the most entertaining matches in Premier League history and, as a childhood Liverpool fan, I have to agree: Liverpool 4 v 3 Newcastle United.
Any suggestions for my next post would be greatly appreciated. Get involved.
Nice one.
 

VPL FF points:
Collymore 16 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 8pts – 2 goals, 3pts – 1 assist, 3BAPS)
Fowler 12 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 8pts – 2 goals, 2BAPS)
Ferdinand 10 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 4pts – 1 goal, 3pts – 1 assist, 1BAP)
Asprilla 10 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 4pts – 1 goal, 3pts – 1 assist, 1BAP)
Ginola 7 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 5pts – 1 goal)
McManaman 5 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 3pts – 1 assist)
Barnes 5 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 3pts – 1 assist)
Lee 5 pts (2pts – 90 mins, 3pts – 1 assist)
FPL Vintage Values:


 
LFC
VFPL Value

NUFC
VFPL Value
5.5M

Pavel Srníček
5.5M
5M

Steve Watson
6M
6M

Steve Howey
6M
5.5M

Philippe Albert
6.5M
6M

John Beresford
5.5M
6.5M

Peter Beardsley
8M
5.5M

David Batty
5M
5.5M

Robert Lee
7M
8M

David Ginola
9.5M
10.5M

'Tino Asprilla
10.5M
12M

Les Ferdinand
12M
4.5M

Darren Peacock
5.5M
4.5M

Keith Gillespie
7M
5.5M

Lee Clark
6M