Thursday, 22 October 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 10

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will  most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account. 


 CHIPS USED: 0 

GW TRANSFER(S): 2

-4 HIT

  VARDY & WIJNALDUM (IN)

MARTIAL & MAHREZ (OUT)

  WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED


Thoughts & Reasoning:

Gameweek 9 brought my FPL team back down to reality. The acquisition of Costa proved to be a mini-masterstroke, but captaining de Bruyne again was anything but.  The fumble on not buying Wijnaldum proved costly and buying Mahrez for Walcott (-4) was dire.  All in all, my team fell 100,000-ish places. Pish. Another Gameweek to write off.

I was fortunate enough to be a panelist a few days ago on the Weekly Fantasy Football Show podcast alongside the current champion and a former champion (Simon and Matt). Hearing their thoughts and validation on some points gave me another light bulb moment. I realised that I had  to get Wijnaldum. In addition, having Vardy would be a massive bonus. At the same time, I had to act fast to avoid price rises.

I sold Ritchie as he has been indifferent this season. Despite a rocky start he showed glimmers of hope, but it wasn't enough.  Who else could I sell? Simpson for Cedric could have funded a move for Wijnaldum, but it didn't make sense for a -4. I had to look further up field. Martial faced my ire, after his inability to score in recent weeks. I know the Manchester derby could be a kick start time for him, but I'm worried he'll be forced out on the flank, rendering him as being ineffective.  On paper, Vardy and Wijnaldum made sense due to their form and upcoming fixtures.

My captain picks haven't been that delightful this season. If only I could captain my highest points scorer, always. If Wijnaldum was at home again I probably would have given him the armband. But it came down to Sanchez and Vardy the former with double digit points in his last 3 and the latter not blanking for FPL returns since Gameweek 2. In the end I went for the Chilean as I feel he is more capable to score 2+ than Vardy.  HOWEVER if I suspect by Friday evening that Sanchez will be rested, I will make Vardy my captain and confirm it on Twitter.

Good luck to you all!