Thursday, 29 October 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 11

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will  most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


 CHIPS USED: 0

GW TRANSFER(S): 2

-4 HIT

  KANE & MANE (IN)

  COSTA & WALCOTT (OUT)

  WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED
(TBU after GW12 deadline)


Thoughts & Reasoning:

Another Gameweek, another red arrow and another 100k fall.  I'm now floating around the 600k mark which is far from ideal, obviously. Captain Vardy just about delivered, albeit "bap-less" and selling Ritchie for Wijnaldum for a -4 was premature, if not costly.  It could have been far worse had I not captained Vardy as the rest of my attacking players flopped. Walcott's no show was the final straw.  I didn't want to take another -4 hit, but the fact that both he and Costa got injured midweek gave me a chance to reshuffle some dead wood. Even if Costa is fit for the Liverpool match I doubt he'll be performing at 100% and Walcott over Ozil was a mistake I still regret.

Looking to Gameweek 11 I needed some inspiration.  This came in part when listening live to the Weekly Fantasy Football Show (podcast) with their discussion on Kane. But it was during a chance conversation with Rob (6 consecutive Top 5k FPL finishes in a row) that swayed and ultimately validated my purchase of Mane.  Firstly, with Kane, he won't score a hat-trick every week. But with the no Spurs cover and with him finally showing some form it made sense to buy him - he also faces Villa at home during a "MNF" game.  If he falters, I can always replace him with Lukaku through my wildcard.

As for Mane, I think he will go under the radar this week.  Many FPL managers saw him get a red card last Sunday and they may erroneously think he is banned for this Sunday. Wrong! The ban has already been completed with Southampton's League Cup game.  Mane has scored 3 goals and bagged an assist in his last 4 Premier League games, which is a fantastic return for a non-top 4 club midfielder that costs less than £8M.  To put things into perspective, he scored 10 league goals in 30 games last season.  Mane is a de facto striker and will face a depleted Bournemouth defence at home.  In addition, Southampton face Sunderland and Stoke in the next two Gameweeks. At less than 10% ownership and with an eye for scoring, he makes sense. I'm so impressed by his overall prowess that I am even captaining him over Kane.

Here's to hoping for some green arrows.  Good luck to you all!