Thursday, 1 October 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 8

Disclaimer: *FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will  most likely be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.



 CHIPS USED: 0 

GW TRANSFER(S): 1


  PAYET
IN

CHADLI
OUT

  WILDCARD: UNTOUCHED


Thoughts & Reasoning:

Gameweek 7 proved to be another damp squib.  My team went all out on Saturday and got close to the now coveted 1,000,000 mark. The only problem was that I captained Martial (when I had Sanchez) and I had no Sunday or Monday players; the latter being more detrimental as Lukaku (19% ownership) exploded.  The hit for Begovic was pointless literally a negative move. My single day 400,000 net gain ended up as a 16,000 net fall and thus a much maligned red arrow came way.

Looking back to my lacklustre start to the season, there's no doubt that I've made some poor choices and have been unlucky at times.  I may use the international break as a perfect window to activate my wildcard and tweak my team for the cold winter slog ahead. In the meantime, I didn't want to panic by taking another hit or spontaneously playing a chip. There's simply no need for that.

I purchased Payet as he's been awesome thus far. His 3 goals and 3 assists is testament of his prowess in a team that likes scoring goals.  In addition, a quarter of #FPL managers own him which shows how much he is appreciated.  Having said that he has yet to score on the road for West Ham. With good upcoming fixtures it made sense to buy him. He's also averaging more than a bonus point per game which is significant. I had no qualms with selling Chadli as he has been squeezed out with the returning Eriksen, revitalised Lamela and new signing Son.

The majority of my first XI are high ownership players. This puts me in danger of having a template team - and a rubbish one at that.  In addition, as I'm "chasing" I feel that I have nothing to lose with my captain pick and can take risks. Yes, Aguero v NUFC makes sense on paper, but I want to be different. Kevin de Bruyne has bagged 17 points in his last two PL games - he's only owned by 6%. This makes him the perfect combination of not only being a de facto differential, but also being an in-form player. Barring a last minute change on Saturday morning, he is my captain.  If all else fails, the wildcard is just around the corner.

Good luck to you all!