Friday, 1 February 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 25

FPLH's GW 25 Team*

Transfers: Rafael - OUT / Sagna - IN

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

 
Team Reasoning

With the passing of another January transfer window, we saw an array of real life transfers ranging from the obvious to the knee jerk.  Samba for £12.5M? He won't be worth half that in FPL!  Not that it affects my team for this GW.  In typical FPL fashion I followed up a cracking GW score with one of my lowest GW scores for this season.  I rarely score sub-40 and for it to happen after the use of my WC sucks.  Ah well...

For this GW I have decided to take a few calculated risks.  I am playing all 3 of my Reading players in the hope that they can maintain their good run of form with a clean sheet to boot.  It means that I am benching Suarez, but I feel he may be due a 2 point game as he will face up to Man City at the Etihad. I have also decided to bench O'Brien as punishment for his own goal and also due to the fact that West Ham's defence can be leaky.  In fact I may even sell O'Brien and re-sign Davies for GW26, but will wait and see.

With GW 26 being confirmed as a DGW, due to the League Cup final the week after, I decided to take no transfer hits.  The only change I made was to bring in Sagna for Rafael.  Why? you may ask.  I feel Rafael isn't value for money at the present time.  He is being outdone by the more expensive Evra in the attacking department.  In addition it seems United aren't bothered by clean sheets with de Gea in goal - they will gladly settle for 2-1s, or 3-1s so long as they win.  Signing Sagna may appear odd as Arsenal haven't kept many clean sheets of late, but they have a good run of upcoming fixtures as follows:

GW25 - Stoke (H)
GW 26 - Sunderland (A)
GW 27 - Aston Villa (H)

I plan to use the extra money on purchasing Reina for DGW26.  Sagna could also be a fail despite the aforementioned run, but at least I am not paying over the odds for him.  My captain for GW 25 is Walcott, based on the fact that he is on form with Fellaini as vc.  Stoke have recently been a difficult nut for Arsenal to crack, but their defence has been shabby of late, where as Arsenal have a good goalscoring record at home.

Recommended Player for Gameweek 25

  Theo Walcott


 FPLH's Hot Picks XI for GW 25

Cesar

Sagna
Baines
Samba
 
Walcott-cpt
Mata
Fellaini-vc
Bale
Michu

Remy
Van Persie

Subs:
Howard
Lambert
Clichy
Harte


7/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW Team