Thursday, 21 February 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 27


FPLH's GW 27 Team*

Transfers: Gerrard - OUT / Bale - IN

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter and Facebook accounts.


Team Reasoning

I was 5 short of a ton during DGW 26.  The lows and highs I felt of Liverpool's two matches must have been a FPL microcosm!  If only Gerrard didn't miss the penalty... If only I captained Suarez... If only I captained Michu... Meh, overall I can't complain.

In GW 27 we see the absence of Liverpool and Swansea players, due to their fixture being played a week in advance.  Luckily I have enough players to field a starting XI without taking a -4 hit.  It means that I am playing all three of my Reading players who have a decent-ish match v Wigan.  

I decided to sell Gerrard for Bale, in part due to various Liverpool attack-orientated players hitting form. The emergence of Coutino and solidification of the Suarez/Sturridge combo could push Gerrard into a less attacking role.

Despite Bale's form, I have captained Walcott due to Arsenal's easy fixture at home to Villa.  They may not have had much luck in the FA Cup and Champions League, but will be wanting to prove a point or two to their detractors.

Recommended Player for Gameweek 27

  Gareth Bale


Szczesny

Evans
Harte
Debuchy

Bale
Sissoko
Santi Cazorla
Walcott (c)
Fellaini

Podolski
Van Persie (vc)

Subs:
Federici
Pogrebnyak
Zabaleta
Hangeland

7/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW Team