Friday, 13 January 2012

Recommended Player for Gameweek 21

Recommended Player for Gameweek 21 - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)



My recommended player for Gameweek 21 is is Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.  In past seasons gone by he was a nailed on main stay for many FPL teams.  However, injuries over the past season or two have meant that he has not been as effective of late.  But it must noted that he has returned back to a good level of fitness - he started in Liverpool's League Cup and FA Cup matches in the past 7 days and scored in both.  He also recently signed a long-term contract extension with Liverpool to virtually ensure his one-man club status with them.  I believe that his improving fitness and form will be of benefit to Liverpool, especially in their next three fixtures:

Gameweek 21 - Stoke (H)
Gameweek 22 - Bolton (A)
Gameweek 23 - Wolves (A)

At 10.5 he is hardly a steal and he hasn't started a Premier League match since 22nd October.  But I think he is definitely worth picking and taking a chance on.  After all he has proven Premier League pedigree and with Suarez's long-term he will be involved with the goals.

My captain for Gameweek 21 is Steven Gerrard.  My vice captain will be Hatem Ben Arfa.

My transfer changes were directed by my use of the wildcard which can be found here.

My team for GW 21 can be found here.