Monday, 2 January 2012

Recommended Player for Gameweek 20

Recommended Player for Gameweek 20 - Leon Osman (Everton)



As part of the Everton/Tottenham "Double Gameweek 20", I have added two more Evertonians (at the expense of a -4 hit) to my squad.  This means that I have the maximum number of players from each of the aforementioned teams (3 each).  My recommended player for gameweek 20 is Everton's Leon Osman.  At 6.7 he is one of the cheapest regular starting midfielders in the Premier League.  In the last four gameweeks he has accumulated a respectable two goals and one assist that has allowed him to become Everton's joint-top scorer.  I was toying with the idea of signing Landon Donovan, but thought that I should go for a safer/regular option for the Double Gameweek, thus choosing Osman.  But I may swap Osman for Donovan in the next week or so subject to form.  As for signing Phil Jagielka, this technically breaks my guideline (see my Management Advice) of having two players from the same team in the same position.  However, due to the prospect of maximising my options for double points I am happy to overlook it.  Moreover, I still have two wild cards at hand - one to change my team until February and the other for the latter part of the season.  On a side note, I will bench Robin Van Persie to first sub as I believe he could be rested against Fulham.

My captain for GW 19 is Gareth Bale and vice-captain is Emmanuel Adebayor.

Transfers (with a -4 hit): Smalling and Allen (OUT) / Jagielka and Osman (IN)

I should have my team posted up on the My GW Team tab (above) before the start of GW 20.