Saturday, 23 May 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Gameweek 38



Latest Rank: 

42k
(5k rise)

Transfers:
Ozil OUT
Yaya IN

Team Value:
£101.7M

Bank Balance:
£1.7M 
 
Context:

As per the podcast, I don't tend to have good archival form for the final Gameweek of the season. As a result, I really didn't want to take a hit.  This will remain the case unless I make a last minute "light bulb" transfer on Sunday morning.  A 35k overall finish would be fabulous but will require fantasy returns from most of my players.

Explanatory Notes:

So here we are; Gameweek 38. The marathon is almost over and the 2014/15 FPL champion is about to be crowned.  Conventional wisdom says that the final day doesn't have many clean sheets, has squad rotation and lots of random results. It was with such considerations in mind that I wanted to take it easy and not go gung-ho.  Despite this, I seriously considered doubling up at the back by buying John Terry - I think Chelsea will be favourites for a clean sheet win at Stamford Bridge as Sunderland are safe for another season.  I also looked at buying Lampard for his final PL hurrah match, but I fear that he may only make a cameo appearance.  Ozil had to go due to his lack of fantasy returns.  Out of all the options at hand Yaya sprung to mind, due to his brace last weekend and awesomeness since 2013. He is probably playing his final game for Manchester City and will want to finish on a high.  30 goals in his last 63 PL games makes him an absolute must have. He will be wanting to show his suitors as well as City's fans his true explosive nature by scoring again.  Aside from that I can't justify taking a -4 hit for any other player.  What's the point if there's no Gameweek 39?  As for my captain, I decided to keep it safe and choose Aguero.  His recent goals, as well as his famous 90+4 goal in 11/12 makes him the perfect captain candidate for Gameweek 38.  As for Schmeichel being the vice-captain, why not?   I wish you all the best for Sunday and hope that you have enjoyed my fantasy football adventure.  I will jot up my end of season review in due course.  Apart from that I will mull over future plans in the summer. 

---

Have you made your picks yet?

www.fanfeud.co.uk