Friday, 15 May 2015

Chief's #FPL Team - Double Gameweek 37



Latest Rank: 

47k
(13k fall)

Transfers:
N'Doye & Hazard OUT (-4)
Defoe & Gerrard IN

Team Value:
£99.9M

Bank Balance:
£3.5M 
 
Context:

I wanted to ensure that I had 6 DGW players in my team.  I also wanted Gerrard.
I bought two thirtysomethings in my FPL team & sold two twentysomethings.

Explanatory Notes:

Falling back to back-to-back red arrows isn't a nice feeling.  This primarily came as a result of one decision; captaining Sanchez and not captaining Aguero cost me 20 points in GW36.  Oh well.  I need to make up at least 12k in the space of the final two gameweeks.  I know that is pushing it.  But with 4 out of 6 of my DGW37 players being differentials (PvA, Ozil, Seb & Defoe), I have some hope as my team isn't too homogenised.  

I sold Hazard with reluctance.  But he hasn't been that hot of late and is facing a WBA team that has only conceded in two home games since 11th February.  The downside of having 6 DGW players is that I have to bench Ivan - he's been a yellow card magnet of late so I'm happy to give him a rest.  

I think Gerrard is capable of giving one final hurrah at Anfield.  The fact he has form on his side and isn't fatigued certainly helps.  As for Defoe, I am aware his final two PL games  will be difficult. But he still has something to play for and should chip in with a goal or two from now to the end of the season even if it isn't enough to keep Sunderland up.  Equally speaking, the same could have been said about N'Doye, but the fact that Defoe has a DGW (and scored last weekend) gives him the edge.  

Finally, the captain had to be Sanchez.  With all the differentials in my team, I wanted to play it safe on the armband front.

---

Have you made your picks yet?

www.fanfeud.co.uk