Friday, 10 May 2013

FPL Hints - Gameweek 37


Transfers: Henderson & Michu OUT (-4 Hit) / Walcott & Santi Cazorla IN

*FPLH reserves the right to change this team at any time. 
Any changes made will be confirmed on FPLH's Twitter account.


Here we are! GW 37 - The penultimate Gameweek of the season.  For the FPL addicts among us it means that we have to start making alternative plans to keep preoccupied for the summer.  Aside from that, It is incredible to think that the continuity of two of the PL's longest held management positions will soon come to an end.  Moyes' trophyless/hard graft 11 year reign with the Toffees is being rewarded with the hot seat at United, as trophy-laden Fergie finally retires.  Good luck to both of them - Let's hope it spices up FPL for next season!

Speaking of FPL, hasn't someone been on a galactic run of late! :D


Despite having a below par season, I finally found some form and topped it off by scoring a ton in last week's DGW courtesy of my wildcard.  My recent run has pushed me up in the rankings from 19k to 5k in the space of 3 Gameweeks!  With hindsight, last week's DGW could have been so much better if I picked Walker/Cahill/Adebayor/Ramires instead of Vertonghen/Luiz/Lukaku/Michu but oh well, I still scored a ton!

For this GW, I decided to only bring in players who still have something to play for + reasonable upcoming fixtures.  I decided to buy Walcott and Santi Cazorla (with a -4 hit) as I believe Arsenal will do everything in their might to pip arch-rivals Spurs in their pursuit of securing a CL spot.  This means playing their best players and going all-out to score goals.  Walcott has form on his side, but Santi hasn't.  But I think Santi is due a goal or two anytime soon and what better timing than now?  Moreover, this season, they have a combined tally of 25 PL goals / 22 PL assists between them, which is fantastic!

I am worried that Tevez and Zabaleta will be rested post-FA Cup final for their fixture v Reading.  In fact, Mata may even be rested pre-Europa League final!  Either way, even if I only have 10 out of 11 for this GW that should be fine.

I wish I had Everton coverage in the form of Baines/Fellaini but I feel that they aren't going to play for much now (despite Moyes' reign ending) after effectively securing 6th spot.  Even MUFC coverage would have been nice, but they may give the young guns a run in their final match which would be a waste of a transfer.  I also thought about buying Ben Arfa as a differential, but opted against the risk.

My captain for this week is Theo, vice-captain is Bale.

Recommended Player for Gameweek 37

Theo Walcott



FPLH's Hot Picks XI

Hart

Evra
Baines
Mertesacker

Santi Cazorla
Walcott
Maloney
Fellaini
Bale

Van Persie
Kone

de Gea
Benteke
Jagielka
Martin


6/15 Hot Picks' feature in FPLH's GW Team


Get Paid Cashback!  Help yourself and help FPLH: